(with Facial Massage)
(without Facial Massage)
What is Hopi Ear Candling?
Hopi Ear Candling is also known as Thermo Auricular Therapy. Ear candling has been used for thousand of years by many civilisations, Egyptian, Chinese, Aztec, Tibetan, Mayan and American Indian cultures. The practice was brought to the west by the native American Hopi Indians of North Arizona. (Hopi means “peaceful people”).
Hopi ear candles are hollow tubes made from natural ingredients of organically grown flax, honey extracts, sage, st john’s wort and chamomile.
The treatment is a pleasant, relaxing and non-invasive experience that enhances the state of health to the ear, nose, throat and sinus areas of the body. Not only is the treatment beneficial for the upper respiratory tract but also for the circulatory and lymphatic system, making it a whole bodytreatment.
The time frames will be different for each person. A Hopi treatment once a month can be beneficial for preventing problems.
How does a hopi ear candling treatment actually work?
When the candle is burning, a light suction action is created. This is known as the “chimney effect” and the movement of the flame creates a vibration of air in the candle which generates a massage-like effect on the eardrum. This has an effect of regulating ear pressure. The warmth of the flow stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic systems and increases immune defence.
What happens during a treatment?
During a Hopi Ear Candling Treatment you will be placed in a comfortable position on your side with your head supported by a pillow. The Hopi candle is gently placed just inside the ear and lit. The therapist holds the candle steady with their hands placed lightly over the ear. You may hear a slight crackling or fizzing noise as the Hopi ear candle burns and you may also feel a pleasant warmth around the ear, head and neck area.
Each candle takes about 10-13 minutes to burn. The candle burns within 4 inches of the end of the candle and has a plug inside to prevent anything going into the ear.
Afterwards an optional facial massage follows, includes particular attention to the sinus areas and lymphatic drainage.
How does the treatment feel?
Hopi Ear Candling is very gentle and feels wonderfully relaxing, warming and soothing. You may feel gentle warmth and a “wave-like” sound in your ears. It does not hurt and many clients fall asleep during the treatment.
The benefits and effects of a Hopi Ear Candling Treatment
Hopi Ear candling works on both physical and psychological levels and is a cleansing programme for the whole body not just the ears.
• Stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage to the head and neck helping to eliminate waste material from the body.
• Improves blood flow to the head and neck, this increases distribution of oxygen and nutrients to nourish the tissues and encourage healing.
• Alleviating headaches and migraines
• Improving symptoms of tinnitus
• Reducing symptoms of hayfever and rhinitis
• Relieving sinus congestion
• Easing and preventing glue ear in children
• Relieving pain/pressure when flying or scuba diving
• Relieving colds, flu, sore throats by clearing congestion in the ear and throat
• Improving hearing by softening and loosening ear wax
• Alleviating earache by reducing inflammation of the ear canal
• Helping problems with snoring by easing congestion of the upper respiratory airways
• Reducing the symptoms of meniere’s disease and vertigo
• Revitalises the whole body
• Relaxes and soothes and so reduces stress and anxiety
• Rebalances energy flow to the body
• Helps clearer thinking by increasing alertness and concentration